web Is it possible to publish a WAB web app or widget to ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
07-30-2018 01:25 PM
deactivated-user-ChrisBeaudett
New Contributor III

This has undoubtedly been asked before but I can't track down the exact info I'm looking for....

Question:  Is it possible to publish custom web apps and widgets created in the Developer edition of Web AppBuilder to ArcGIS Online?

The AGOL Add Item > An application provides options for Web Mapping and Application that seem to imply that AGOL supports this, but the user interface for those tools does not allow for uploading files. What's more the docs seem to indicate that many of the items available to publish to AGOL and shared are available for download only.

Exactly what can be published to AGOL in terms of custom code, if anything?  Web apps and/or widgets built with WAB?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris,

You can publish a link to a WAB app that you are hosting on your own web server but uploading apps or custom widgets to AGOL is a serious security risk for esri and thus not allowed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Chris,

You can publish a link to a WAB app that you are hosting on your own web server but uploading apps or custom widgets to AGOL is a serious security risk for esri and thus not allowed.

deactivated-user-ChrisBeaudett
New Contributor III

That's the info I was looking for.  Thanks Robert.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Don't forget to mark this question as answered by clicking on the "Mark Correct" link on the reply that answered your question.

0 Kudos