Web AppBuilder

Jump to solution
05-05-2016 07:22 AM
AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

Can anyone please help me with the following questions in web app builder:

1. Can we add cad files in attachments?
  2. in the drawing tool, is it possible to save the drawing?
  3. is the bookmark tool linked to the machine or to the account using the portal?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

1. If your feature supports attachments then the attachment type is not important. So Yes.
  2. No the OTB draw widget does not support saving the drawing. There is a custom widget called the eDraw that allows this though eDraw widget when the drawing is saved it is saved t the local machines local storage.
  3. The bookmark widget uses html5 local storage or cookies. So it is local.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

1. If your feature supports attachments then the attachment type is not important. So Yes.
  2. No the OTB draw widget does not support saving the drawing. There is a custom widget called the eDraw that allows this though eDraw widget when the drawing is saved it is saved t the local machines local storage.
  3. The bookmark widget uses html5 local storage or cookies. So it is local.
AliBarakat
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you Robert for you previous reply.

I also have additional question:

1. Im trying to add .dwg file as attachment but i get this error: "This file type is not supported." should i do something for it to work?
  2. currently the WAB language is linked to the portal settings language. But is it possible to add a button in WAB to toggle between different languages?

Thanks again

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ali,

What size it the dwg? does your file actually have the .dwg file extention in its name? As far as I know .dwg files are supported.

I am not sure that you can change the locale with a button at runtime. The locale is normally set a startup.

0 Kudos