Web AppBuilder stops allowing you to save configuration.

09-28-2015 10:55 AM
PaulDoherty2
Occasional Contributor III

Has anyone else had an issue where you suddenly can no longer make new changes to their web mapping app in Web AppBuilder? All of a sudden the "Save" button is stuck on "Saved"? It is probably a known bug, but does anyone know of a workaround other than starting over?

Capture.JPG

34 Replies
JakeSlyder
New Contributor II

Well if you want to keep that same url, then perhaps you could just try this without the "save as" step.  I did that because I wasn't sure whether my widgets would be configured when I switched back from a different theme.  However, it seem like at least in my case the configurations they were fine, so if you're brave you could try switching between themes in that original app. 

0 Kudos
RichardAbram
New Contributor III

I have the same issue with my local developers install install (version 1.2).  I finally opened the developers window in Chrome and noticed the app was switching from desktop mode to mobile mode (in the debug console window) and the button would sometimes change from Saved to Save allowing me to save my work.  A little more testing I found that resizing the browser window to a much smaller size the button would swap from "Saved" to "Save" allowing me to save my work.  Kind of a lame work around but definitely better than having to rebuild the application over and over.

So this does seem to be a bug of some sore in the app itself.

PaulDoherty2

Nice work! I will try this myself and see if I can get ESRI Support to log the issue (01695480).

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

KarinPersoons
New Contributor

Did you get any feedback from ESRI support?

I have the same problem today, more than a year later ...

0 Kudos
BrianGallegos
New Contributor III

Richard,

That worked great!  I would have never thought of resizing the window to see if that worked!

Thanks a bunch.

Brian

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

yes, thanks from me too Richard. This is not something I would have thought would matter, especially since this behavior just started happening for me (Online version of WAB). whenever I get support to take my case (anyone else have trouble talking to someone when you really need support) I will raise this issue with them and hopefully something will be done, as this resize 'workaround' is not an acceptable way to use AGOL. thanks again

0 Kudos
JunshanLiu

Could you share the app that can’t be saved?

0 Kudos
LeoQuayle
New Contributor

I am new to WAB (using developer edition with AGOL), but I have encountered a similar issue except that all buttons on my web app configuration control panel (within the builder environment) become non-responsive. Its like I've been locked out of the app and can no longer edit it? Can someone explain?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

Can you share a screenshot of the app and any errors in the CMD window and or browsers web console.

0 Kudos
LeoQuayle
New Contributor

Hi Robert

I dont get any error messages, but the app seems to 'hang' with only the "choose Web Map" icons and simply wont allow me to get to any of the options (all buttons are de-activated). The only option available to me is to shut down the app.

It has happened numerous times, and I cant pinpoint a reason. I have been trying to ass a custom widget? As I said, I am finding my way around.....

0 Kudos