Web AppBuilder Query Widget URL Link

Jump to solution
04-23-2015 01:37 PM
MarkBushyeager
New Contributor III

The Query widget in the Web AppBuilder has a Special Type results option that seems to allow creation of a web link.  I can't get it to work.  My referenced feature has a text field that includes various URLs.  I can make the links work from a feature pop-up, but can't get it to work in the query.  When I go back to examine the settings on the query, the Special Type has reverted to "none".  Is there some trick to make this work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

There is a bug in the Query Widget UI where changes to the special type are not actually written to the json. The work around is to manually make the changes in the config_Query.json

Here is a thread that discusses that bug:

Query Widget Result Item Contents

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

There is a bug in the Query Widget UI where changes to the special type are not actually written to the json. The work around is to manually make the changes in the config_Query.json

Here is a thread that discusses that bug:

Query Widget Result Item Contents

MarkBushyeager
New Contributor III

Stan, thanks for the very quick response. I’ll give it a try and post the outcome. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
MarkBushyeager
New Contributor III

Robert, thanks!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mark,

Glad to help. Now it is your turn to help the community by marking this question as answered. All you have to do is click the "Correct Answer" link (the one with the little green star) on the post that provided the answer for you. If the answer was not provided by one of the responders then you can mark any of the replies that you received as helpful by clicking on the "Actions" menu and choosing "Mark as Helpful"

0 Kudos
MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

Manually changing the specialType in the config_Query.json doesn't seem to be working for me.  It remains regular text, despite changing to URL.  Is this still a bug without a workaround at the moment?

Thanks!

Malcolm

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Malcolm,

The valid values for special type are "none", "link" and "image".