Select to view content in your preferred language

Web AppBuilder for Developers not properly loading map services

08-06-2015 12:55 PM
New Contributor II

I have spent the last couple hours trying to resolve this issue using many of the discussions started here, but with no luck.  Here's the problem:

I have a map that I created on AGOL.  It references map services that we have locally.  The path to these services all start with "http://durham...."  That doesn't seem to be a problem for the map or an application I built on AGOL that uses that map.  I can see all the data.

However, I wanted to customize the widgets and the general look of the map so I downloaded WAB for Developers.  When I click the startup.bat file the command window opens and everything looks good.  It also opens a new tab in Chrome with the header Welcome to Web App Builder. It lists an application I created so I could get an AppID and allows me to select Edit.   But, it never successfully loads the application.  Well, it loads the basemap, but not the map I created and the Console has several errors that seem to indicate that requests for the map services are blocked "because the content must be served over HTTPS."

I read at least one discussion that indicated I could address this problem by changing the url in the signininfo.json and config.json files.  I did that, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.  (Here's the link to the thread: Do I need HTTPS to run Web AppBuilder deployed apps? )

Thanks for any help folks can provide.  My apologies if I've not been entirely clear.  This is my first time posting.


0 Kudos
14 Replies
Occasional Contributor III


i don't see the apps and templates

looks the same as before.

do i need to copy a new startup.bat from the download?

i didnt get any errors during the upgrade.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III


Yes. your probably using the prior versions Startup.bat file.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor III

i copied the one from the download and tried it

same result.

other ideas?

is there a way to see what version is running?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor III

if i click on the help it appears to be linked to version 1.1 as there is an item for 'whats new in 1.1'

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor III


i figured it out.

the upgrade process imported the widgets and apps into the NEW server and client folders.

it did not update the old ones.

so i was just starting the old wab and not the new one.

what i did to fix all this was delete the old folders and replace them with the newly updated ones,

i also copied the doc and other files.

for me all this is living in the wwwroot\wab folder.

maybe it shouldn't be in there but that is where i put to make it easily openable...


i am good now. i see the apps and templates

maybe all this will help someone else..


0 Kudos