Web AppBuilder (for Developer) failure

02-21-2018 09:35 PM
BrianCotterall1
New Contributor

I am using Web AppBuilder for Developer 2.7 and just set it up on my local machine.  I am not able to click on the "OK" button for any of the widgets. 

Steps to reproduce: 

1. Create new web app
  2. Click on Widget tab 
  3. Add Widget 
  4. Select Widget
  5. Click OK - Error

Below is chrome console output.

FeatureActionManager.js?wab_dv=2.7:174 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'en-us' of undefined
at Object.<anonymous> (FeatureActionManager.js?wab_dv=2.7:174)
at Object.forEach (init.js:70)
at Object.registerWidgetFeatureActions (FeatureActionManager.js?wab_dv=2.7:162)
at Object.<anonymous> (FeatureActionManager.js?wab_dv=2.7:207)
at init.js:63
at visitBigSection (utils.js?wab_dv=2.7:120)
at Object.visitElement (utils.js?wab_dv=2.7:84)
at Object.c.visitElement (ConfigManager.js?wab_dv=2.7:188)
at Object._reRegisterWidgetActions (FeatureActionManager.js?wab_dv=2.7:204)
at Object._onAppConfigChanged (FeatureActionManager.js?wab_dv=2.7:252)

Seems to be something to do with this line:  

label: widgetJson.manifest['i18nLabels_featureAction_' + action.name][window.dojoConfig.locale] ||
widgetJson.manifest['i18nLabels_featureAction_' + action.name].defaultLabel

Have I forgotten to configure something?  This is my first time testing this app locally?  I need to develop custom widgets..

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

It probably has something to do with the Demo Widget I see in your widgets list. Can you delete the demo widget from your stemApp widgets folder and test again.

BrianCotterall1
New Contributor

Thanks.  that was it..  Is there something I need to do to get the demo to work?  I'm new to Web AppBuilder for developer!!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Did you make any changes to the Demo widgets files?

0 Kudos
BrianCotterall1
New Contributor

I use the demo widget without any changes. I simply copied the demo widget to the $\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.7\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets\samplewidgets\Demo folder to  $\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.7\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets. This added the widget to the Web AppBuilder UI. The widget was able to be selected but could not be saved as part of the app config.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

Strange, let me test this and get back to you.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brain,

OK, This is odd... I just duplicated your steps and had not issue at all. I wonder if you just have a corrupt download of WAB?

0 Kudos
RobertAbelsen1
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as initially in this thread. I have used the profile tool with success in the past, but now I get the exact same problem while clicking OK in the widget config.

I have testet it on three different computers and get the same problem each time. I have a clean install of the WAB and the only widget I add is the ElevationProfile widget. I have testet both Chrome and Firefox.

If I cancel to add the Elevation Profile widget and try to add other default widgets, I get the same problem until I refresh the site.

I run WAB 2.12.

Any hints of where the problem might be will be highly appreciated. I like the widget a lot.

Regards,

Robert

Error message in Chrome console:

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robert,

I have spent a great deal of time on this issue and I have gotten no where. I am sorry to have to say I am stumped on this one.

0 Kudos
RobertAbelsen1
New Contributor

OK, sad to hear but thanks for the update

0 Kudos