Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS v1.2 Developer Edition enhancements

08-12-2015 11:46 AM
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI,

I've attached a document that lists all the bug fixes and enhancements (submitted via Esri Technical Support) that were addressed in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS v1.2 Developer Edition. Please be aware that the list also includes items that were found in the embedded version of Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS.

Hope this helps,

5 Replies
katherineobrien
New Contributor

Derek,

Any idea when the enhancements will be released?  I am specifically interested in:

Bug-000086159  an application built with Web AppBuilder does not track your location when consumed on a mobile device

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Katherine,

The list Derek provided is a list of bugs addressed in the 1.3 release.

WAB v1.3 has the ability to specify "Watch for location changes"

example.jpg

0 Kudos
katherineobrien
New Contributor

I see.  So this issue of the widget persists:

I built an AGO map and app for a trail system.  The location widget works great in the Explorer for ArcGIS app but not for the AGO app.  The issue is acknowledged in information about the widget.  I am looking for info on when it will be addressed.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Katherine,

OK I am confused. The my location widget in WAB 1.3 (which new apps generated using AGOL are using) has the options in the UI I pictured above and they do track the user location fine on mobile devices. Here is a link to a WAB 1.3 app that will track your location as you move: http://gis.calhouncounty.org/WAB/V1.3/widgets/eSearch/index.html

ArcGIS Web Application

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Katherine,

The bug you mention, 000086159 is marked as fixed. Robert Scheitlin​ is correct about the capability being part of Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.3.

Also, this thread contains a list of issues fixed for Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v1.2. The doc for v1.3 is available here,

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition v1.3 enhancements

If you're having a technical issue, can you please contact Esri Technical Support so we can investigate further?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos