Web AppBuilder Filter widget not working properly in Portal for ArcGIS

01-11-2018 08:28 AM
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

The attribute table in the application is showing the filtered results, but the map is not redrawing the points that I have laid out, and not filtering anything out. 

This is what I am greeted with when I try and use the filter widget and zoom in. Nothing is updated on the map, and it refuses to redraw my filtered points.

Am I missing something, or is this a known bug?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eric,

Which Portal version?

0 Kudos
EricHeinrichs
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I can not recall an error in that version but the only way to be sure is to call esri tech support.

0 Kudos
PaulCrocker
New Contributor

Eric, did you ever find a fix for this?

We're experiencing the same behavior.  Running a filter on the same mapservice works fine in our ArcGIS Online account, but when we try it in Portal nothing updates on the map. The view of that layer becomes a static image, just as you showed on your original post (e.g. it becomes pixelated when you zoom in on it and panning off of it shows that it is 'stuck' in the original extent).  Other layers continue to refresh correctly, so the strange behavior is limited to the layer on which we tried to filter.

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi Eric, 

We cannot reproduce your issue with a public map service with Web Appbuilder in Portal 10.5. Would you please provide more detail info, such as server database version or just a sample service url to reproduce your issue?

0 Kudos
FranciscoAndrade1
Occasional Contributor

Was this issue resolved?

I am having a similar issue.

When I active the filter widget, my layers disappear if I am not VPN'd into my company's network. Once I VPN in, the filter widget works. I have a batch attribute editor widget that works when I am not VPN'd in.

We are on portal 10.6.

0 Kudos