Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) install

11-23-2018 02:02 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to install Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) so I can attempt to learn how to build a custom theme. I am on the “Get started” page on step 7 and don’t understand where it is I am supposed to paste the app ID.

In the browser, paste the app ID into the text box of Web AppBuilder, and click Continue.

Is it a new browser window (Firefox; read something about not to use Chrome which is what I am currently using)? Text box of Web AppBuilder?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kathleen,

Please see this resource document, which has screen captures

ArcWatch | Configure Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition to Work with Your ArcGIS Online Org... 

I think Step 3 is what you're looking for.

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Derek,

Thanks. I was able to set up the developer edition for WAB for one organization I am a member of (online course at community college) but not the other. 

I was directed here when I tried to change organizations...

Kathleen

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kathleen,

> I was able to set up the developer edition for WAB for one organization ... but not the other.

You have to add Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition as a new item to both ArcGIS organizations, which will give you 2 different App IDs. Then you have to register WAB DE twice, once for each organization.

The error message in the screenshot suggests an incorrect App ID was provided for the second organization.

Hope this helps,

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

>You have to add Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS Developer Edition as a new item to both ArcGIS organizations, which will give you 2 different App IDs. Then you have to register WAB DE twice, once for each organization.

That's was I thought and had done so, but still received the error. Attempted to create an App ID more than once and same results.

I'm in the class (lab) right now and will try and see if the Admin can help.

0 Kudos