Web AppBuilder Dev Edition 2.4 - Widgets Not Loading in IE 11

Jump to solution
02-15-2019 09:31 AM
DevonHedemark1
New Contributor III

Web AppBuilder Dev Edition 2.4 - Widgets Not Loading in Internet Explorer 11

Here is a link to the app:  ArcGIS Web Application 

None of the widget icons display across the top bar? this does not appear to happen with our Esri hosted apps.  I tested compatibility mode and it did not resolve the issue.

If I shrink the browser window (by minimizing) the widget icons show up.

Regards, Devon

0 Kudos
20 Replies
RichBell
Occasional Contributor

This is the correct Number

(KB4486474)

My Bad

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rich,

Can you provide a screenshot of the console error?

0 Kudos
DevonHedemark1
New Contributor III

Yes, this started when we updated to IE 11 (KB4486474).  I found other local WAB 2.9 apps that have the issue.  I look forward to a possible solution.

https://gisapps.medfordmaps.org/mli/

Regards, Devon

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Devon,

The workarounds has already been mentioned here. In the main config.json replace all the \\ with /. ie.

"icon": "configs\\Medford Land Information\\icon_widgets_Medford Land Information_Widget_37.jpeg",
DevonHedemark1
New Contributor III

That worked.  Much appreciated.

Regards, Devon

0 Kudos
NadiaTargulian
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the solution! I replaced \\ with /. ie. in the config.json file but the widget's icons are blank now,. Did they lose their path to images?

What does the icon below relate to ?

"icon": "configs\\Medford Land Information\\icon_widgets_Medford Land Information_Widget_37.jpeg",

Thanks for the clarification. Our organization has been hit hard by this because so many people use IE.

Nadia

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nadia,

Strange that the icons are now blank. Have you verified the paths?

configs/Medford Land Information/icon_widgets_Medford Land Information_Widget_37.jpeg

relates to the icon shown for the Medford Land Information widget.

0 Kudos
TerryOD
New Contributor III

Hi all,  Microsoft have released another IE 11 cumulative update to fix the backslash issue, but according to the article - only for windows 7 and 8.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/4491113/cumulative-update-for-internet-explorer-february-19...

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

FYI all we too just went through this as well -  Robert's fix is correct.  Interesting thing though, was that we found that it was combinations of Windows 10 builds and certain IE + KBs were not affected.   The "\\" on older windows 10 builds and IE11+ versions didn't matter.

JustinJacobs
New Contributor II

Robert's fix works.  I have found though, that with my 2.9 applications, I have to go in and change up the // to \ if I added custom icons.  If I used out of the box icon images, I didn't have to make the change.