Web AppBuilder Coordinate versus Coordinate Conversion Widget Locations

06-05-2020 03:21 PM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why I am getting two different lat./long.locations in the Web AppBuilder map depending on which widget I use. Currently in the map, I have Coordinate widget configured to use 'GCS_WGS_1984' with units decimal minutes, so when I scroll in the map coordinates are displayed with these values.

I also have the Coordinate Conversion widget enabled. In the attached (WAB_differentCoordinates.jpg) you can see a marker point using the Coordinate Conversion widget with DDM  latitude coordinates of 55° 25.8497'N. However when I place the mouse at the same location the Coordinate widget shows 55° 25.83333'N. I also have a screenshot from ArcGIS Pro with my mouse at the same location as in the WAB (although you can't see it in the .jpg), but the coordinates there also match those in the Coordinate Conversion widget and not the Coordinate widget.

I am trying to figure out why the difference. My ArcGIS Pro project is configured with the same 'GCS_WGS_1984' as the Coordinate widget. I don't even see an option to configure the Coordinate Conversion widget.

I am working with staff to identify boundary locations and these differences really make a difference. Also what is the reason for these differences? I really need to understand to direct and communicate accurate locations of which widgets we can rely on for accurate coordinates.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@kmsmikrud I can speak more about the Coordinate Conversion widget. By default, it relies on the geometry service that's configured in your organization. Anytime a coordinate is captured, it uses that service to parse and produce an output notation. The widget and Pro are inline with displaying coordinates. The Coordinate widget, on the other hand, does not rely on a service for parsing and displaying coordinates since everything (conversion logic) is performed client-side. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos