Web AppBuilder 1.2 Incorrectly Displays All Fields

11-10-2015 07:54 AM
SteveMaskol
New Contributor III

I am creating a web app through the Web AppBuilder. In the web app that I am using in AppBuilder I configured the layers to display only selected fields in the popups. However, AppBuilder is not honoring the field configuration that I saved in the web app. It displays all fields for all layers. It is as if the AppBuilder ignores the web map's saved configurations for popups. Is there a setting that I can enable/disable so only the fields that I have selected to be visible in popups configured in the web map will be displayed in AppBuilder?

3 Replies
BenjaminHarloe
New Contributor II

I have been having this problem with the edit widget. I only want the editable fields to be visible in the web app, so that is how I set them in the web map, which looks fine. However once I use that web map to create a web app the fields are visible again in the edit widget. I tried editing config_Edit.json to remove them from site but that seemed to break the entire widget, so for now I am leaving them in. Would love to see some feedback from someone on this post.

0 Kudos
SteveMaskol
New Contributor III

As of now the only work around I see would be to go all the way back to the MXD being used to publish the service in the web map. I would have to hide the fields in the layers and then republish the services.

If I don't get any feedback from this post I will eventually submit a request with Tech Support and post the response.

BenjaminHarloe
New Contributor II

Thanks for the tip we will try that work around for now. It isn't ideal but at least it's something.

0 Kudos