Web App URL parameters

11-27-2016 11:36 PM
Ystad1
by
New Contributor II

I have produced a map in Web App builder that I would like to create a URL for that opens the map in a specified place with one or several layers visible. I have read the information here:

Use URL parameters—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

I assume that it is the 'query=' parameter that I need to use. All of the layers in the map are in groups, meaning that I need to use <layer id_sublayer id>. Is it possible to add one more level to this? for example <layer id_sublayer id_sublayer id>. All of the layers have been added to the map as ArcGIS Server web services. When I add the encoded query to the url the map loads as it would without the query (the query parameter has no effect). At the moment I am trying to use layer names rather than IDs.

Adding a query to the URL works on another Web App where the layers have been uploaded to ArcGIS Online from shape files and are not grouped. 

My questions: Is query the correct parameter to use or is there a better method? Does Query work with web services? Does query work with layers that are grouped in a subgroup within a subgroup?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesFarmer
New Contributor III

Did you have any luck with this? I am having the same issue with a grouped layers.  I've tried the layerID_folderID_ServiceID and did not have any luck. 

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

URL Query by adding:

index.html?query=[LayerName],[FIELD],[VALUE]

layerName = is the name given within the web map that is consumed by the web application

Field = field name provided by the web map (not alias)

Value = value

You do not want to pass 'groups' or sub groups. pass the layer value.

Also, make sure you are using WABde 2.3 as there is a bug in 2.0 and 2.2 where as the Zoom, pan, highlight and popup works for the url Query, but the popup window content is empty.

-cheers