Web App For Volunteer Sign Up

03-03-2021 07:19 PM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello

I am working on a project where we have ~1,029 points (campsites). I want to try and develop a way for volunteers to select points in order to sign-up to become a volunteer for those points that they have selected. Maybe they could fill in a field with their email? I am not really sure how to do this.

If this is not possible, does anyone else have any other ideas? It will be embedded on a website.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @GarrettRSmith ,

You could use web form URL parameters in the pop-ups of your map of campsites to auto-populate a field in Survey123:

1. In your layer of campsites you should have a field containing a unique value for each campsite (e.g. campsite_name).
  2. Create a sign up form in Survey123 to collect the volunteers details and make sure you create a field for the unique identifier (campsite_name).
  3. Add the campsite layer to a web map and go to configure pop-ups.
  4. Within the pop-up add some text e.g. 'Sign up'.
  5. Highlight the text and click insert link.
  6. Paste the URL of your Survey123 sign up form and add the following text to the end of the URL '?field:campsite_name={campsite_name}
  7. Save the pop-up settings and check that the link appears when you click on a point in the map.
  8. Click on the link in the pop up and it should open the sign up form with the campsite name field auto-populated. 

Don't forget to make sure the personal details of any volunteers are shared in compliance with data protection laws.

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos