Web App Directions Widget Requires Sign-in ?

Jump to solution
02-27-2016 06:37 AM
FatmaŞenol
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I'm working on creating an interactive web map application for our campus.

Please note that all web maps used in application are hosted on our ArcGIS

organizational account The application seems to be working except for  the `Directions` widget.

When I try to use it, sign-in page for  our organizational account is opened in browser.

I tested it in different browsers but the result is the same.  Can you suggest a solution for

this issue ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Omur,

Routing requires the use of credits, thus the need for the login dialog.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Omur,

Routing requires the use of credits, thus the need for the login dialog.

FatmaŞenol
Occasional Contributor II

Robert,

Thank you for the information. Apparently, I missed this point. So, every end user should be a member of organizational account to use directions widget. If this is the case, using limited credits for every routing request might not be the best solution.  Would it be possible to use google maps for routing in a web application ?  If so, how ? I hope I'm not asking for too much.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Omur,

You can setup your app using the esri proxy with rate limiting that could be configured to to the login/authentication automatically and you can set the rate usage.

GitHub - Esri/resource-proxy: Proxy files for DotNet, Java and PHP.

If that does not suit your needs then you can develop a custom widget that uses Google routing as long as you comply with Google Terms of Use and you are a developer. This thread on Stack Exchange may help if you want to go that direction:

How to create routing application with ArcGIS Server? - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchang...

0 Kudos
RobertLackage
New Contributor III

I see using AGOL there is a 'subscriber content access' for saving credentials so that the public may use the Directions widget. How would this be accomplished using the developer appbuilder?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Install the esri resource proxy and save your credentials in the proxy.config. Follow the directions I posted in my reply to Omur.