Web App Builder Widget Placement Glitch

Jump to solution
02-14-2020 10:00 AM
deleted-user-Qm9M0ziiL3N-
New Contributor

I'm using the Foldable Theme in AGOL WebApp Builder and the widget arrangement under the search bar has gotten glitchy. The location of the widget in the control panel doesn't align with how they appear on the app. Its problematic with adding new ones and editing existing widget settings. Has anyone experienced this/have solutions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Logan,

This is normally the result of someone manually editing the main config.json file outside of the WAB UI. The fix is fairly simple though. In the apps main config.json open it in a editor and find the first widget with a "placeholderIndex". The first one should have a "position" of "left" 55 then each subsequent one should have a left +50

1. "left": 55
  2. "left": 105
  3. "left": 155
  4. etc
  5. etc

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Logan,

This is normally the result of someone manually editing the main config.json file outside of the WAB UI. The fix is fairly simple though. In the apps main config.json open it in a editor and find the first widget with a "placeholderIndex". The first one should have a "position" of "left" 55 then each subsequent one should have a left +50

1. "left": 55
  2. "left": 105
  3. "left": 155
  4. etc
  5. etc
deleted-user-Qm9M0ziiL3N-
New Contributor

I actually have not modified the json, I have only worked through the Web App Builder interface.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Strange.. That is why I said normally. Either way my advice is still the correct fix.

0 Kudos