Web App Builder (WAB) 7.4/ Kernel 2.15: How to download and install the WAB in local machine instead of having web mapping app built in cloud?

03-15-2020 02:23 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Web App Builder (WAB) 7.4/ Kernel 2.15: How to download and install the WAB in local machine instead of having web mapping app built in cloud?

I’m not sure if there is a way to download and install the WAB in local machine instead of having web mapping app built in cloud the same as we do for ArcGIS Online versus Portal for ArcGIS

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
5 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Jamal NUMAN‌,

I would say you can use web Appbuilder developer Edition (depending on organization/business need) as this would give you the capability to Deploy applications On-premise and it can configured with both ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise.

For details associated to configuring The WebApp Builder developer edition, kindly find the link below:

Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

for details associated to Version of Developer Edition in associated to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise; kindly find the link below:

About release versions—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Hope it answers you query and helps!

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Archit.

What I’m referring to here is to be able to install the off-the-shelf Web App Builder software in our local machines that has the exact functionalities as the one available by esri cloud.

Jamal Numan
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Jamal NUMAN‌,

Thanks for the response. I just wanted to to clarify that when you say "off-the-shelf Web App Builder software", what are need we are trying to address. The reason for askig it that as per my understanding the "Web App builder Dev edition" address the same functionalities as the one available with ArcGIS Online plus it gives you the capability to perform customization on your end as well.

If its possible to share the business needs, probably those are addressed by the dev edition.

Awaiting your response!

AhmadSALEH1
Occasional Contributor III

Jamal,

as Archit mentioned Web App builder Dev edition which is an app that you can install on your local machine (or server), and it will give you the same experience as the cloud solution. you also can add custom widgets to your apps 

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Manty thanks guys for the help. I managed to install the WAB 2.15 on the local machine and it appears to have the same functionalities as the one available on Cloud

Jamal Numan