web app builder custom in-panel widget problem

Jump to solution
07-13-2015 02:06 PM
CharlesBailey3
Occasional Contributor II

I went through the tutorial in WAB, Create a custom in-panel widget, got my widget to show up in the widget pool, but when I select it and click ok it just flashes up an empty msg box and nothing else. Isn't it supposed to insert a button on the header that drops down the panel? (It worked that way through the wepapviewer/config page from the tutorial...) Thanks! cobWABwidgetProb.png

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cob,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The Local Layer Widget is a configuration time option for adding local layers from your ArcGIS Server. If you need to add layers at runtime then you need to use the "Add Service Widget" mentioned earlier.

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3

Ok, got it going (Add Service Widget) but it only adds tiled service layers and not the feature services we need. I did try loading a tiled image service of high-res imagery cached down to 1:200 but it comes in underneath the esri basemap and cannot be 'moved up' in the layer list. Not sure how to use this one either... how about this - when you add a query result to the map it creates a feature collection, right? Where is this stored and is there any way to reference the url to persist it or maybe publish it as a hosted FS? Thanks and sorry for my cranial density...cob

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cob,

Ok, got it going (Add Service Widget) but it only adds tiled service layers and not the feature services we need.

The Add Service Widget currently accepts Dynamic and Tiled Map Services, and Image Services

how about this - when you add a query result to the map it creates a feature collection, right?

Depend on how a particular widget handles the results from the QueryTask.

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey3

I'm talking about the stock Query widget in the WAB. When you elect to display the result it shows up in the browser console - looks like json and I can modify it directly in the console with changes reflected immediately... I know there is a way to persist the feature in local storage in HTML5 but what can one do with it after that? Is there any way to reference it in the API to pull it into AGOL? Been struggling with this a long time - the stock map viewer in AGOL will do things I can't figure out how to replicate in a hosted app. Thanks, cob

0 Kudos