web app builder app in big screen android tablet

Jump to solution
04-21-2016 02:11 PM
ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

My web app created from Web Appbuilder works fine in smaller tablet. But I tried the same in a gigantic Samsung 18 inch android tablet (bought for my field crew) and it doesn't let me type in any text in the search widget. It seems the browser takes it as a desktop computer and takes off the on-screen keyboard after popping-up  for fraction of second.

Is there a way forward for me with big screen android tablet ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

These were reported as bug to ESRI:

BUG-000094685 - Keyboard issue in Query widget in Samsung Galaxy 2.

BUG-000094469 - Keyboard issue in Search widget on large Android tablets.

Anyone feeling energetic enough can also try fix the problem themselves. Here is an excerpt of my conversation with ESRI to help folks get started:

"I was able to test this issue in Microsoft Web Matrix until my free trial of Browser Stack ran out. I was able to isolate the issue to the 'jimu-ismobile' class in the jimu.css file. If you wish for the keyboard remain open you need to navigate to the ConfigManager.js file and replace the code in the _isRunInMobile function with "return true;". The root cause of the issue is that the Android keyboard appears when an input element comes into focus. However the Android keyboard causes the DOM to be redrawn, removing the focus from the input element. This causes the keyboard to immediately collapse..... If you wish to have a more permanent fix you will need to wait for the bug to be resolved."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Shital,

Report this to esri tech support so that a bug and be entered into the system and the developers can test this scenario.

ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

These were reported as bug to ESRI:

BUG-000094685 - Keyboard issue in Query widget in Samsung Galaxy 2.

BUG-000094469 - Keyboard issue in Search widget on large Android tablets.

Anyone feeling energetic enough can also try fix the problem themselves. Here is an excerpt of my conversation with ESRI to help folks get started:

"I was able to test this issue in Microsoft Web Matrix until my free trial of Browser Stack ran out. I was able to isolate the issue to the 'jimu-ismobile' class in the jimu.css file. If you wish for the keyboard remain open you need to navigate to the ConfigManager.js file and replace the code in the _isRunInMobile function with "return true;". The root cause of the issue is that the Android keyboard appears when an input element comes into focus. However the Android keyboard causes the DOM to be redrawn, removing the focus from the input element. This causes the keyboard to immediately collapse..... If you wish to have a more permanent fix you will need to wait for the bug to be resolved."

0 Kudos
JamesPreston
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shital - did you attempt their suggested fix? And if so, was it satisfactory?

0 Kudos
ShitalDhakal__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Hi James, I am just waiting for the ESRI to fix the bug. My staff are typing the address in an text editor, coping it and then pasting it to the search field, for now.

Thanks,

S

0 Kudos