WABDE 2.5 Time Slider

Jump to solution
08-14-2017 10:26 AM
BrandonWebb
New Contributor II

When using the Time Slider in WABDE 2.5 I am finding two issues that I had not seen in 2.3.  First, when the Time Slider widget is enabled, either manually or automatically when app is loaded, the slider Play function is enabled and advances through the slider without any user input.  I need this to not auto play when opened.

Also, after pausing the play function, when manually advancing by 1 day, the correct dates do not remain on the widget display, it resets to the first date that is set in the web map.  This happens when the Time Slider is no longer in focus and also as it collapses to the display without the bar.

Any suggestions on these issues? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewLevey
New Contributor III

I was able to stop the autoplay by changing this line in the TimeSlider widget:

188       if (true === html.hasClass(this.playBtn, "pause")) { // changed from false to true

and stopped the time stamp label from resetting to the first timestamp by commenting out this line in the TimeSlider widget:

413      this._updateTimeSliderUI();

I haven't tested it thoroughly to see how the changes impact other functions but it seems to have solved the problem for my purposes.

Matt Levey
SeaSpatial Consulting

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MatthewLevey
New Contributor III

I was able to stop the autoplay by changing this line in the TimeSlider widget:

188       if (true === html.hasClass(this.playBtn, "pause")) { // changed from false to true

and stopped the time stamp label from resetting to the first timestamp by commenting out this line in the TimeSlider widget:

413      this._updateTimeSliderUI();

I haven't tested it thoroughly to see how the changes impact other functions but it seems to have solved the problem for my purposes.

Matt Levey
SeaSpatial Consulting
0 Kudos
BrandonWebb
New Contributor II

Not sure if it broke anything else... but it definitely corrected the issues I reported.

Thanks Matthew!

0 Kudos