WAB-Query customisation

05-03-2015 11:30 PM
MatthewWeed
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I was going through the document which you have published for configuring WAB. I wanted to further customise my application by having a login page and later open user based authorised maps(layer definition)  thereafter.

I am finsing it difficult to understand complete architecture and page flows of the WAB. Kindly guide me how to preoceed further on this.

Thanks,

Tanya Bisen

0 Kudos
18 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tanya, check out Web AppBuilder Developer Edition – Customization Resource List​ for a list of many resources to get you started.

Also, you may want to remove your personal email from your post (you can edit your post).  Responses will come through this site and the email registered with the username you used to post the question. 

MatthewWeed
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response.

I tried going thru the links suggested by you infact the live application samples developed thru WAB are great.

How do i change the home change as shown in different examples.e.g. In your neighbourhood application.

Thanks,

tanya

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hi Tanya, I'm glad the link was helpful.  I'm actually not the author of any of he live samples, just trying to help others find what is available.

i 'm not exactly sure what change you are looking at.  It may help if you can include an image of what you are wanting to do and include it here.  If you don't have tools available for the snapshot, maybe a link to the neighborhood application you are looking at and what part of the home page you are wanting to change.​  are you maybe referring to a "splash screen"?

0 Kudos
MatthewWeed
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

I found the the file responsible for customising loading page of my application.I will try cusomisng it and get back to you incase I face any issues. I will start wioth simple customisation of my loading page and probably later try to add login screen to it. I might need you guidance withh this. Later once the user logins somehow I need to customise my map getting displayed in WAB based on user roles e.eg. If he is a Territory Manager, he should be able  to view only his territory map. I know this is possible thriugh layer definition but how do I achieve it thrugh WAB as it accepts webmao and initialises the application.

login.png

This is the link to the neighbourhood webiste. In Your Neighborhood

MatthewWeed
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecaa,

I was trying to deply my application onto my webserver but while testing the proxy page I am geting below error:

{error: {code: 500,message:"Unable to connect to the remote server http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/?f=pjson"}}

We do have our corporate proxy running.. Do I need to specify ANYTHING DIFFERENT IN PROXY.CONFIG FILE.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Manish,

The "http://services.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/?f=pjson" error is one you will always receive when the JS api checks a server for CORS. this is an ignorable error. When the api finds that CORs is not supported then it uses a different means to do its work.  You can find more info on CORs by using this link:

ArcGIS API for JavaScript - CORs 

MatthewWeed
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the information. I will explain you about my requirement.

I have configured my WAB using Arcgis organisational account. I have already created one application using WAB and after downloading the code when I ry to import my project into Visual Studio-2012 while running the application it says access denied.

As per my understanding there is some proxy issue which I need to follow and therefore I was trying to configure the prxy page for my application.

Kindly advise how to run my downloaded application into an IDE. Attaching screenshot for your reference.image.png

Thanks,

Tanya

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tanya,

Honestly I have never even considered trying to bring a WAB website into Visual Studio. I have always done my development in Brackets (a free JS IDE). I am not sure where to begin in helping you with the VS issue.

MatthewWeed
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecca/Robert.

Thanks a ton for your quick responses... I am using developer edition of WAB. As suggested by you both I will try and debug the code using Brackets IDE and get back to you incase I get any issues.

Thanks,

Tanya

0 Kudos