WAB Printing Legend issues: Query Result Layer

01-18-2016 11:26 AM
MonikaHonkova2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I created a query using the Query widget and added the result as an operational layer to my map. The legend looks ok in the Legend widget but I don't understand why it's showing a label "Override 1" next to the legend patch in the printed map.

Also as you can see on the attached image, the symbol for the original map layer (polygon, no fill, pink outlines) is missing from the legend.Capture.PNG

Is there a possible solution? Monika

25 Replies
NedCake1
Occasional Contributor

Monika,

Did you ever find a solution for this issue?

Thanks

Ned

NickToscano
New Contributor II

As of today, 8/25/16, this is still an issue. Hard to find anything on this so I thought I'd reply here to keep attention to the issue. 

ESRI Suggested work around

Publish the feature layer with a fill. Then make it hollow/transparent in the web app viewer. 

0 Kudos
davetinkle
New Contributor III

code snippet, please?

thanks.

0 Kudos
JustinPence2
Occasional Contributor

Issue still persists.  It appears the outlines do not show for query results, on the fill.

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

FYI: this issue is fixed in 10.6 out of the box print service (i.e http://machine/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintTools/...) or if you publish a print service from ArcGIS Pro 2.1 to ArcGIS Server 10.6.

just for a quick try, you can use the following print service off a sample server:

http://sampleserver6.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%2... 

What's new in ArcGIS Server 10.6 — Improved Print Service 

JustinPence2
Occasional Contributor

Good, to know, I am still on 10.5, so I'll need to upgrade in the future.  Thanks

0 Kudos
davetinkle
New Contributor III

Tanu,

Can you please provide a clear demonstration why you believe this is fixed? I used the sample server url as suggested, but as you can see in my attachment, it is not working.override showing in legend; not value of map point

Do you - or anyone else subscribed to this thread - know of a way to use the print service & get intended, bug-free results? Simply put, displaying "Override 1" is unacceptable, and no one appears to be motivated to explain what's gone wrong, and when it's going to be fixed. I have submitted my code to the support developers, and they have been able to reproduce my error, and did not have a work-around or advice if my coding was incorrect.

looking forward to your reply on my 2 questions.

Thanks.

JustinPence2
Occasional Contributor

I think the symbology was fixed, specifically when there is a polygon involved, it now shows the outline.  If my polygonal data did not have a fill and was completely transparent, the symbology would not appear in the legend.  If it had a fill and and outline, the fill would show up, but not the outline.  I think that issue is now fixed.

Labeling is a different story.  The labeling appears to be fine for a normal web layer.  When I run a query, I get the layer name with _QueryResult at the end.  Speaking with a few of the engineers at the UC, this can't be changed yet...but might be in a future release.  If "Override" isn't the actual layer name, and is of another error, I haven't experienced that yet.  Wish I could be more help.

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

dave tinkle My apologizes for delayed response (somehow I didn't see the email notification of your reply).

Which client app did you use - is that a custom JS API app or WAB app? Either way, could you pls try with the latest version of that client app?

for custom JS API, pls update to its latest version

if it the map viewer from ArcGIS Online, then it should work as of today.

for on-premises Portal map viewer/Web App Builder, you need to upgrade to 10.6.1

Simply put, displaying "Override 1" is unacceptable, and no one appears to be motivated to explain what's gone wrong

In short, it was a side effect to work-around technical limitations with regards to color level transparency that was not supported by Windows GDI --  a print service heavily relied on GDI.

Print services, that get installed out of the box in 10.6 (or above) or when you publish your own print service from ArcGIS Pro 2.1 to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6 (or above), don't rely on GDI at all hence you should not run into this issue.

0 Kudos