WAB hotkey/keyboard shortcut

12-06-2017 12:03 PM
JeffPace
MVP Alum

We have a user that is reporting when they enter data in the Edit widget, entering Phone numbers (with dashes) when they hit dash sometimes the map zooms in and out.

Is that normal behavior?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

I have seen this happen sporadically. It seems like a bug and is not specific to the Edit widget. I have seen this happen with any widget that uses a text input.

0 Kudos
JeffPace
MVP Alum

Any idea if this bug has been reported? its sporadic so hard to reproduce .  dlaw-esristaff

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

I has been around for a while now so probably not.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

I can confirm that we don't have any bugs/issues related to hotkey/keyboard shortcuts in Web AppBuilder. Best thing to do is try and get some repro steps for us to take a look at.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tested whether it's reproducible when the cursor is over the map and not the Edit widget. I've noticed that when I use Ctrl + or - to change the zoom factor of the page itself, if the cursor is on the map, the map itself will zoom, but the page will not.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The issue Jeff and I have noticed is that the map keyboard navigation is not always disabled when entering data into inputs in widget. This sporadic behavior though as normally this is not an issue but sometimes when clicking into a input box and using the numberpad on the keyboard the minus, plus, 8, 4, 6, 2 keys will result in map navigation. It is as if the map fails to release focus or the input control does not receive focus.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What I'm saying is that's easy to reproduce. If I have the mouse in any place but the map (popup, Edit widget, etc) the +/- keys will work as expected. When the mouse is on the map, using the number pad will result in map navigation. I can use the regular number keys, but the +/- keys on the main keyboard will also zoom.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hmm.. When I have the mouse over the search dijit and use the number pad plus and minus they do not zoom as is expected. But sometimes when you click into a input box in the (lets say) query widget and use the number pad map navigation still occurs. 

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

And when that happens, is the mouse over the query widget?

0 Kudos