Select to view content in your preferred language

WAB - Feature Search

Jump to solution
03-03-2015 09:17 AM
StanMcShinsky
Regular Contributor

In the latest release of AGOL (March 2015) the documentation for whats new Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  has

• Support for feature search based on search configuration in web map.

How do I configure/enable that?

Is that different than just creating a composite locator for the geocode widget?

(note: this is not yet implemented for the developer version)

Thanks,

Stan

0 Kudos
19 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

The templates that use the search widget provide a configuration experience that lets you choose the layer and field(s) you want to search as an alternative to configuring the search using the item in ArcGIS Online.

Based on the earlier comment from Jianxia Song​ the WAB will include the search widget at the next release. At that point I assume you'll be able to configure the search layers and fields from within the WAB like we currently do in the templates but Jianxia Song​ would need to confirm that.

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Web AppBuilder will add search widget in the coming AGOL update in July. It allows you to configure the layers and fields to search the features and places as Kelly mentioned in the thread.

Thanks,

Jianxia

StanMcShinsky
Regular Contributor

Perfect! Thanks again for both your help.

-Stan

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

The new search widget sounds great! Exactly what I'm missing in the current version of WAB. I assume it will be possible to disable the default geodcoder? Will it be possible to configure the widget to search layers that are not added to the current web map? I would really like to be able to do this (or to be able to hide those layers completely to the end user from the layerlist, legend and other widgets).

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

The coming search widget in Web AppBuilder consists of two parts: geocoder and searchable layers. For the former, you can replace the default geocoder with yours or remove it. For the latter, you can search layers within the map, from the layers in My Content, or from ArcGIS server rest endpoint.

Layerlist/Legend by default only displays the layers from map content. Unlike query widget, there is no option to add the result as operational layer in search widget, therefore the searchable layers from ArcGIS Server services or My content are not shown in other widgets.

Thanks,

Jianxia

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Kelly:

Where on this app can I find the Search widget?

0 Kudos
StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

I too cannot find the search widget? Kelly Hutchins

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael Volz​ and Stuart Grey​,

The Search Dijit that is be discussed in this thread is a JS API dijit and has NOT been added to the Web AppBuilder yet. See Jianxia's post above saying that it will be added in the next release.

Here is the link to the JS API search dijit:

Search | API Reference | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

Hi Robert Scheitlin, GISP,

Thanks for the reply and the link to the API search dijit. I think what Michael and I were referring too was the link that Kelly provided does not include the search as per her post, it's just a standard search without the 'ALL' option.

I believe that this is what the search will behave like after the next release? Live Site: ArcGIS API for JavaScript | Search widget with multiple sources

StanMcShinsky
Regular Contributor

Stuart,

You are right. You can set up feature search already but you can not set it up yet for "all" or multiple searches on the same feature class. Once the new widget comes out those things should be included.

-Stan

0 Kudos