WAB - Feature Search

Jump to solution
03-03-2015 09:17 AM
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

In the latest release of AGOL (March 2015) the documentation for whats new Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  has

• Support for feature search based on search configuration in web map.

How do I configure/enable that?

Is that different than just creating a composite locator for the geocode widget?

(note: this is not yet implemented for the developer version)

Thanks,

Stan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Stan,

You configure the search settings in the web map item in ArcGIS Online. Here's some info from the Online help showing how to do this:

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Edited to fix invalid link to help topic.

View solution in original post

19 Replies
KellyHutchins

Stan,

You configure the search settings in the web map item in ArcGIS Online. Here's some info from the Online help showing how to do this:

Edited to fix invalid link to help topic.

StanMcShinsky

Kelly,

Thank  you Kelly. The link you provided is for dev. Here is the link that we can all access.

I followed those instructions. If there are more than one search that I set up then it creates a drop down list of the different search options. Is there a way to combine them into one so that a user can search for multiple features with out having to change the search option from the drop down?

KellyHutchins

Sorry about the dev link - glad you were able to find the correct one. I'm not aware of a way to combine all the searches into one with the current widget used by the WAB.  There is a new widget that will be available in the Esri JSAPI called the Search widget and that widget has an all option that will search all specified searches. Here's an example of how that works - expand the search button and select the all option and notice that when you type in a search string results from all specified locators/layers are returned.

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapTools/index.html?webmap=24e01ef45d40423f95300ad2abc5038a

StanMcShinsky

Kelly,

I really like that widget. Will it be available soon for Web Appbuilder?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I'm sure it will be included in a future release but I don't know the time-frame. Jianxia Song​ do you know?

Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

We plan to wrap jsapi search dijit in the next release.

StanMcShinsky

Kelly Hutchins​ or Jianxia Song​,

When I enable the search by layer in AGOL I can only search by one field per layer. Is this normal? How do I get around this?

-Stan

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Stan McShinsky​ when you configure the search in Online, using the current release, you are correct its only one field per layer. In order to search more you'd have to add the layer multiple times and configure each.

However if you use the new Search widget, available in some of the templates like the Basic Viewer and with the ArcGIS API for JavaScript, you are able to configure more than one search field per layer.

StanMcShinsky

Thanks for the quick response Kelly,

I would really like to see this in AGOL so it can be used in Web Appbuilder.