WAB Developer Edition--Customizing number off-panel widgets

Jump to solution
01-27-2017 06:57 AM
FrancescoTonini2
Occasional Contributor II

Can anyone help me understand how (if it's possible) to customize/extend Web AppBuilder to have more than 3 default off panel widgets? I am interested in having at least 5-6 widgets outside of the controller panel but am not sure how to accomplish that.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

What version of WAB Are you using? The newer versions of WAB have 5 onScreen widget place holders now by default.

For adding more follow my answer in this thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/185188-on-screen-widgets 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

What version of WAB Are you using? The newer versions of WAB have 5 onScreen widget place holders now by default.

For adding more follow my answer in this thread:

https://community.esri.com/thread/185188-on-screen-widgets 

FrancescoTonini2

Robert,

It seems like I am using v2.2...I just noticed 2.3 came out this month. Is that what you were suggesting using instead? If I install that, does my existing app have an option to automatically update to include these new features?

Thank you for your help!!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

Strange version 2.2 has 5 onScreen widget placeholder by default on most themes as well...? Not sure why you don't have more than 3. Follow the link provided in previous replay to manually add more.

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

I am using the Launchpad theme which comes with 3 default slots plus one assigned to the attribute table floating widget. Maybe it's just this theme. Just saw your pointer to the discussion on how to edit the config.json to add more though. Thank you for the hint!! Would the new SDK automatically upgrade my existing app to change its existing features and theme upgrades?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus