I was following the upgrade app from 2.7 to 2.8 per the instructions here and everything looked ok. I looked in the 2.8 server/apps folder and i see that some app were added but when i start WAB Dev 2.8 I don't see any of those apps at the WAB Dev 2.8 start up page. Am i missing something?
OK you get that error when you have an app that has a newer version of the eSearch in it then the stemApp widgets folder has in it. So if you are using 2.7 of the eSearch make sure you have 2.7 of the eSearch in the stemApp widgets folder. The verse case may also exist if you have an app that is using an older version of eSearch then you need to make sure that all apps using eSearch are the same version as the eSearch that is in the stemApp widgets folder.
ok, i copied eSearch from 2.7 into the 2.8 stemapp folder and re-ran the command prompted and i got no errors.
I do see the new folder apps in server\apps folder but when i restart WAB 2.8 i don't see any of the apps in the WAB 2.8 start up page.
started over and i still do see the apps on WAB 2.8 start up page here my steps.
Attached a pic of what WAB window.
1. delete the WAB 2.8 and copied a new one to my c: drive
2. lunched WAB 2.8(startup.bat), entered the App ID on the WAB prompt.
3. coped eSearch and HeatMapES5(it couldn't loacted either) from WAB 2.7 stemapp\widgets folder to WAB 2.8 stemap\widgets folder.
4. Opened CMD as admin and ran the commands.
5. refreshed WAB 2.8 start up page, did not see the apps.
6. close completely out of WAB 2.8 Dev and restarted WAB 2.8 startup.bat and still i don't see the apps.