WAB App Upgrade to 2.8

04-27-2018 11:06 AM
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor II

I was following the upgrade app from 2.7 to 2.8 per the instructions here and everything looked ok. I looked in the 2.8 server/apps folder and i see that some app were added but when i start WAB Dev 2.8 I don't see any of those apps at the WAB Dev 2.8 start up page. Am i missing something?

14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

Did you startup 2.8 before you tried the upgrade? If you do not do that then you will have issues with the upgrade.

TonyAlmeida

Hi Richard,

No I did not start 2.8 before the upgrade. So i have to start 2.8(starup.bat) before i do the upgrade?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have run into problems if I don't.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

aww i see. so can i just clean out the server folder, then startup 2.8 and then follow the command prompt commands?

Or do i just  start with a new copy of WAB 2.8?

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

I just started with a new fresh WAB 2.8 after staring WAB2.8(startup.bat) and WAB 2.8 start up page i ran the command prompt commands and i got this.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

OK you get that error when you have an app that has a newer version of the eSearch in it then the stemApp widgets folder has in it. So if you are using 2.7 of the eSearch make sure you have 2.7 of the eSearch in the stemApp widgets folder. The verse case may also exist if you have an app that is using an older version of eSearch then you need to make sure that all apps using eSearch are the same version as the eSearch that is in the stemApp widgets folder.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

ok, i copied eSearch from 2.7 into the 2.8 stemapp folder and re-ran the command prompted and i got no errors.

I do see the new folder apps in server\apps folder but when i restart WAB 2.8 i don't see any of the apps in the WAB 2.8 start up page.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

You probably had a error that threw everything out of wack. I would delete the whole 2.8 folder and start over.

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

started over and i still do see the apps on WAB 2.8 start up page here my steps.

Attached a pic of what WAB window.

1. delete the WAB 2.8 and copied a new one to my c: drive

2. lunched WAB 2.8(startup.bat), entered the App ID on the WAB prompt.

3. coped eSearch and HeatMapES5(it couldn't loacted either) from WAB 2.7 stemapp\widgets folder to WAB 2.8    stemap\widgets  folder.

4. Opened CMD as admin and ran the commands.

5. refreshed WAB 2.8 start up page, did not see the apps.

6. close completely out of WAB 2.8 Dev and restarted WAB 2.8 startup.bat and still i don't see the apps.

0 Kudos