WAB App Upgrade to 2.8

04-27-2018 11:06 AM
TonyAlmeida
Occasional Contributor II

I was following the upgrade app from 2.7 to 2.8 per the instructions here and everything looked ok. I looked in the 2.8 server/apps folder and i see that some app were added but when i start WAB Dev 2.8 I don't see any of those apps at the WAB Dev 2.8 start up page. Am i missing something?

14 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tony,

In your 2.7 version of WAB make sure you have 2.7 eSearch in your stemApp widgets folder. Are there any errors during the upgrade command in the command window?

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

Yes i do have 2.7 eSearch in the stemApp widgets folder in WAB 2.7.

No error upgrade.log"[2018-05-15T11:58:20.635] [INFO] upgrade - Builder folder: C:\GISAPI\WebAppBuilder2.7\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS"

0 Kudos
TonyAlmeida

I think i found the problem, i was coping the eSearch from the 2.7 widget folder, which i edited some of the the eSearch widget files. I download a clean eSearch 2.7 and clean HeatMapES5 and placed them in the WAB 2.8 stempApp Widget folder and ran the CMD commands and it did update the App's to 2.8.

Cook_CountyGIS
New Contributor II

All eSearch is at version 2.5.  Upgrading from WAB 2.7 to 2.8.  Copied fresh download of eSearch 2.5 into WAB 2.8 \stemapp\widgets.

widget eSearch version undefined is newer

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Cook County GIS,

If you have WAB 2.7 then you should replace the eSearch widget (sounds like you are using 2.5 version) with the newer 2.7 eSearch (I am still talking about doing this in the 2.7 WAB) then once you have WAB 2.7 with eSearch 2.7 then delete the 2.8 WAB folder that you attempted to upgrade and start over.