WAB 2.6 to 2.7

Jump to solution
02-13-2018 08:48 AM
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

Downloaded WAB 2.7, trying to import all my apps from 2.6 into 2.7 but keep getting, i know there is a simple fix but cannot find it. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Are you using the CMD prompt window and doing the upgrade command?

Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

Are you using the CMD prompt window and doing the upgrade command?

Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

Now I was importing the apps, when I go to command window I cannot get to C directory for some reason, I think the root dir is not accessible within our organization so i need to figure out how to change the path to the C directory where wab is

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

hmm... So you can't just your basic command prompt command like "cd" for change directory?

0 Kudos
GeorgeKatsambas

CD C:\WAB\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.7\server it will not take me there? CD C: just for some reason connects me to a network drive?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Strange... Maybe you should move WAB off your c drive then.

GeorgeKatsambas

it seems my command prompt and node command windows are pointing to same drive?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Correct the command prompt window will always be on the drive where windows is installed but that does not mean you can not have WAB on another drive. I actually have it on the f: drive in my case. You just have to switch drives in the command prompt window (i.e. "f:")

KimberlyGraham1
New Contributor III

Can you access the WAB folder through windows explorer?  If so navigate to C:\WAB\arcgis-web-appbuilder-2.7\server  and then in the address bar at the top, highlight all of it and input "cmd" and press enter.  This will open the command window to the server folder.  

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Good tip Kimberly Graham .   I didn't know you could use cmd and the path in windows explorer.  Always good to learn a new trick. (and I'm old enough to feel comfortable using DOS...i.e. the cmd window!)

0 Kudos