Users having issues accessing application on desktops

02-15-2016 08:59 AM
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

I have a web app deployed to gis.atlantaga.gov/dpcdviewer

I am currently receiving complaints from users about the app spinning up and displaying a white screen.  This is with desktop browsers only, on mobile it seems to be working. It seems to work internally just fine.  These are external users beyond the firewall.

Has anyone experienced this issue?  The users are using Chrome, ie, etc 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

It seems to be working just fine from here (at client site behind a proxy).

LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

Very strange, thanks so much for testing.  I've had two users call about the same issue.  I'm guessing it's some sort of security setting on their servers?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

Is there a certain browser or OS that is having issues? I find that IE is normally the problem.

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

Not really, I told them to test Chrome, IE etc.  They seem to being doing ok going through a mobile device however.

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor
They seem to being doing ok going through a mobile device however.

Sounds almost like a DNS issue if they can hit it externally (from the mobile device connected to a cell tower) but not internally. Can they reach it via IP address?

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Ah, I skipped over your comment in the initial post - sounds like this isn't the issue, then.

0 Kudos
LarryStout1
New Contributor II

Leo,

I had a user once who let his grandson play on the computer.  He panned the map so far out, that all he got was a white screen.  (I had implemented my own save extent widget at the time.)  If this is the problem, the Home button will get you back to a map.

Larry

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the info, the customers are stating that the app won't even load, it just spins the startup screen and goes blank.  I'm thinking it must be some sort of browser security setting on their end.

0 Kudos