URL query popup in WABde 2.0 - EMPTY - Bug?

Jump to solution
04-08-2016 03:51 PM
MichaelRobb
Occasional Contributor III

When using URL Query...

web map opens... zooms to queried feature.. popup occurs... but is Empty.  Of course if one clicks again on the line, the popup populates...

Can anyone confirm this?

Is there a known fix?

1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelRobb

This behavior has been logged as a bug.The number is BUG-000094490.  This has been fixed on AGOL Web Builder version and will be fixed on one of the upcoming version of WABde.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

I can confirm that this is not the case with my layer and WAB 2.0.

http://localhost:3344/webappbuilder/apps/2/index.html?query=CountyCrimeMap_XXXX,Case_Num,1109-XXXX

Worked fine for me and the popup had results.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

Morning Robert,

Greatly appreciate the time to determine (duplicate the issue).

Currently.  A URL Link is clicked, the web application loads, it zooms and highlights the proper item and the popup box appears... but empty.  If the user re-clicks the highlighted line, the popup populates.   I am investigating further...

I will post my findings.

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

If it is not too much trouble... one variable I forgot to mention is that CUSTOM popups were used in the Web Map.  Could you verify using Custom popups in the web map?  However I still recieve no information in default popups either... so it must be something on our end.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

Hi Robert,

Can you verify this function works against a layer within a group in the TOC?

I have narrowed this down that if Query URL string is using a layer in the layer list root, it works. But if calling a layer in a composite (group layer), the popup is empty.

1.png

works = the application launches, pans and zooms, selects (highlights), creates graphic, creates center point and popup with attributes shows up

Doesn't work = the application launches, pans and zooms, selects(highlights, creates graphic, creates center point and popup shows up but is empty.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

I tried to configure a test map for that scenario but when I do I don't get anything using the url query (the map just freezes and there is an error in the console). So yes I would say this is worth reporting.

MichaelRobb

Thank you Robert for validating.   Sending to ESRI...

0 Kudos
MichaelRobb

This behavior has been logged as a bug.The number is BUG-000094490.  This has been fixed on AGOL Web Builder version and will be fixed on one of the upcoming version of WABde.

MichaelRobb

For anyone reading this... This bug is FIXED in Web Application Builder 2.1

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using 2.2 and I still have that problem.