upgrading web app builder 1.2 to 1.3

Jump to solution
03-26-2016 11:39 AM
JosephPack1
New Contributor II

is there a standard procedure for upgrading web app builder from 1.2 to 1.3?

did not find any documentation, and am experiencing errors on my end.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JosephPack1
New Contributor II

yup, my solution worked. thanks for the feedback. will post an step by step as I am assuming more people will have this issue. and the ESRI update is not comprehensive enough.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The official documentation is Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

There are many threads, such as Upgrading WAB Dev Edition   and a better location to search is Web AppBuilder Custom Widgets   Since the location that you posted also covers the ArcGIS Online version.

Keep in mind that version 2.0 is due our anytime.  I will be posting this info once it is released Web AppBuilder Developer Edition - Customization Resource List   (and there are also links in the post for upgrading tips, etc).    Also Derek Law​ will typically post once it is released.

JosephPack1
New Contributor II

Thanks Rebecca,

so I just pulled version 2.0 but none of the updates are showing up anywhere,

the node installation worked fine. but I am unable to see any changes. (near me widget, plateau theme) not sure if i completed this correctly.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Did you check out the link I sent in the previous post re upgrading?  Also, the resource list ,link has info about "what's new".  With custom widgets, they won't automatically get moved over unless maybe you import an app.  if an app worked in 1.3, they should work in 2.0 2d only.  3D apps will use the new JavaScript version.

a few apps have been upgraded and/tested for 2.0, but I know other contributors like Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ might still be working on this.

0 Kudos
JosephPack1
New Contributor II

Yup, I checked out the links and completed the upgrade and everything populated in the new directory.

i attached image of my cmd below.

everything seemed to update, but when I go to localhost:3444, the old widget and site remain. there is nothing new.

I am thinking I might just have to overwrite the current 1.2 WAB directory (C:\WebAppBuilder)

and overwrite it with the 2.0 directory (C:\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS).

what are your thoughts?

0 Kudos
JosephPack1
New Contributor II

yup, my solution worked. thanks for the feedback. will post an step by step as I am assuming more people will have this issue. and the ESRI update is not comprehensive enough.