Upgrading WAB Dev Edition

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 06:11 AM
EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II

Having not yet upgraded an existing WAB Dev Edition install, is there a process/workflow that I should follow to upgrade existing sites built with a previous version?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum
5 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Eric,

you can import an older version WebApp via the following:

Create and import app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Tim

EricVenden
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Tim!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Also ​Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers    which you would probably see in the TOC on the link Tim provided.

and, although I need to review/update this.. Tips (LocalLayer widgets) for more customization and Updating (may help with others too)

SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

I upgraded my apps using the instructions above and it worked well.  It will copy over any custom widgets, but you'll still have to make any necessary customizations that you may have made to any files that aren't in the custom widget folder.

I noticed that the instructions on this page  Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

are just slightly wrong.  In step 4 where it says "type node ....", you'll want  to use node_64 or node_86 depending on whether you have a 64 bit or 32 bit system.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sebastian,

That is a great point to mention if you did not install NodeJS on your machine as the Getting Started page states otherwise just using node would have worked.

Because Web AppBuilder runs on top of Node.js, you must have Node.js installed on your computer. The download package contains the Windows version of node.js.