Upgrade Web AppBuilder (Dev Edition)

Jump to solution
09-13-2016 01:06 PM
MelissaKnott
New Contributor

I am currently running WAB version 1.4 and would like to upgrade to version 2.1. I have my installation of WAB running on a server and registered with my Portal. What is the process to upgrade my existing installation to version 2.1? So far all I can find are installation instructions written in the context of doing a brand new install. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Melissa,

There is no uninstall. If you plan to upgrade your apps then you install the newer version to a new directory and follow the instructions in the link provided. If you are not worried about your old versions apps then just delete your old WAB directory (that's all there is to uninstalling).

View solution in original post

28 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have several link listed on the /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list?sr=search...‌  (Above the "pinned links" section, if that helps)

The official link to the help is Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers  

It may be talking more about 2.0 to 2.1, but it should help.

Edit...ah, Robert beat me to the help doc, of course. 

MelissaKnott
New Contributor

Thank you for your quick reply! I did see this article already but it talks about upgrading the apps I built in WAB. I am not so concerned about upgrading my apps, I am interested in the correct procedure for upgrading WAB itself. Is there an "uninstall" procedure that should be performed first? Can I simply run the installation steps and assume my current version is properly overwritten?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Although Robert might have better suggestion, I wouldn't overwrite you WAB folder, I would rename it and start like you are starting fresh.  The do the imports etc.  I have many WAB folders in various states, and just have a different startup.bat for each.  But, I seem to never find enough time to really get things finished the way I want.

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Melissa,

There is no uninstall. If you plan to upgrade your apps then you install the newer version to a new directory and follow the instructions in the link provided. If you are not worried about your old versions apps then just delete your old WAB directory (that's all there is to uninstalling).

RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Once we upgrade our WAB edition, can we copy our apps from the old installation directory (server/apps) to the new WAB installation directory (server/apps) in order to use them for future use with the newer WAB edition.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

No. If you do that then the app db will be out of sequence and you will not see not see any of those apps that were copied.

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Since you said we can upgrade them as per the documentation, will these updated apps still reside in the older WAB version apps directory? Is there a way we can bring them to the newer WAB apps directory?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rohit,

Yes that is what the whole link below is talking about.

Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

0 Kudos