Select to view content in your preferred language

Tricking Bookmark Widget?

01-24-2019 01:34 PM
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

I have a webmap I'm developing and I'm looking for a way to have a clickable widget that switches between layers. Right now I have a bookmark widget set up that uses the layer visibility function of the widget to turn layers on/off when clicked; when clicked the bookmark also zooms to a specific location. 

What i'm wondering, is there a way to trick the bookmark widget into not zooming to a specific location? This way I could change layer visibility but not have the zoom to extent effect? Is this possible through editing the JSON or something similar?

Hosting the webapp through portal and suing custom widgets is not an option currently/

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Benjamin,

Unfortunately No. There is no way to modify the JSON to force the bookmark not to zoom to the bookmarks extent. When you say that custom widget are not an option... Why. If you are using on premise Portal than you can use custom widgets, like the layer toggle button.

0 Kudos
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry, should have been more clear. We currently do not have portal deployed. Thanks for the response!

I'm hoping we move towards portal in the near future.