Sorting Related Tables in Web AppBuilder Smart Editor

Jump to solution
05-25-2021 06:28 AM
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone found a way to sort data in related tables when using the Smart Editor. The use of the attribute inspector imposes a severe limitation when using the editor as it provides no means of doing this that I have been able to find.

More generally, has anyone attempted to replace the use of the attribute inspector to edit related records with the featuretable widget or dgrid?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you @KeithGerhartz1 , I will make sure to share your feedback with the product team.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KeithGerhartz1 ,

Unfortunately, there is currently no option to sort data in related tables when using the Smart Editor due to some limitations with the attribute inspector.

0 Kudos
KeithGerhartz1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the response Alix. Are there any plans to provide a more elegant solution for editing? The required tools are present in the API. They just have not been deployed in the available editing widgets.

The smart editor would be much more useful if it incorporated the use of the featuretable to edit related records rather than the attributeinspector.

More generally, I would consider the ability to edit as critical functionality that is far more important than many of the other widgets which are more special purpose in nature. What are your thoughts on this?

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you @KeithGerhartz1 , I will make sure to share your feedback with the product team.

0 Kudos