Smart Editor widget - "Unable to complete operation. Internal error during object insert."

Jump to solution
04-01-2020 07:39 AM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

We are trying to find an application and workflow to record multiple events over time on single features.  We routinely treat sanitary sewer gravity mains to remove tree roots.  Each treatment carries a warranty expiration date.  Historic and current practice is to retreat the gravity mains prior to the warranty expiration date - whether the mains need treatment or not.  We would like to modify this workflow considerably, for example, to add camera inspections and reduce unnecessary treatments.  We have a related "Roots" table (with fields: object ID, facility ID, treatment date, warranty expiration date, and global id) joined to the gravity main feature class.  The relationship class is one to many, one gravity main to many treatments, using the facility ID in each as the key fields.

We are wanting to create an application that allows the related table to be updated.  We have been exploring the Smart Editor widget and using WebAppBuilder to configure the application. The Esri online Smart Editor help documentation and related blogs suggest this widget can update related tables.

I enable smart editor in the WAB app.  If I click on a feature in the app map that had prior root treatment, the facility ID is shown (uneditable which is correct) and the date fields show the last treatment and expiration dates.  I can edit these fields to other dates (using the drop down calendar tool), save them successfully, and move on to another feature, or close the widget.  If I click on a feature not having prior root treatment (the dates fields are blank) I can insert the dates (using the calendar tool). However, I receive an error and I am unsuccessful in saving the changes, or closing the tool.

The feature dataset and table are registered as versioned.  The feature service is editable (add, delete, update), published to our Server site (10.7.1), using an edit version of the gravity main feature class and related root table.  The edit database connection is registered with our Server.  We want to review the edits before reconciling and posting them to our enterprise sde.

Any help on the error would be appreciated, along with app solution suggestions.  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny

I may have identified a privilege issue, lack of, on the feature dataset and table, testing now.....sigh....

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayHodny

I may have identified a privilege issue, lack of, on the feature dataset and table, testing now.....sigh....

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jay, glad to hear you may have found a way to resolve your issue. Please let us know if you experience any other issues.

Regards,

Alix

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Alix,

Yes, it was a privilege issue on the feature dataset and table....embarrassed I am!

Regards,

Jay