Select to view content in your preferred language

Smart Editor time tracking.

02-04-2022 09:58 AM
LefterisKoumis
Regular Contributor II

I am using WAB 2.23.

I noticed that the web map is tracking the time in addition to the user's login and date. However, in the Smart Editor widget, when you look at the attribute table (AT) it displays only the user's login and date. How can we get the time to be displayed as well like the web map's AT?

0 Kudos
17 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

As I investigate the issue with the team, this is not really a bug. Those automatically generated date fields do not contain format information initially. So the attribute table widget, which gets undefined format, cannot display the fields properly.

Try set the format for those date fields in map viewer and save the map. You'll find the AT is all good.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Regular Contributor II

Sorry, but this response  doesn't make sense. If the screenshots on the earlier posts by me and another ESRI staff shows that the timestamp is already present, doesn't it means that the fields are already configured to show timestamp on the web map? Just to verify of what I am saying here are two screenshots from the webmap attribute config.

LefterisKoumis_0-1646414186553.png

LefterisKoumis_1-1646414227238.png

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Map viewer will display the default format if there is no format information. But the information is not actually included in the data unless you make it saved in Map Viewer. If by any chance, you want exactly the default format, try setting it to another value, save it, then change the format to the default one and save the data again. Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Regular Contributor

I have my webmap set up to display the created date from a related AT, yet the Smart Editor widget is failing to even show these fields as "Display only" in it's config panel...

I'm on WAB v2.22 using a 10.6.1 portal

ahargreaves_FW_1-1648839030002.pngahargreaves_FW_2-1648839098674.png

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ahargreaves_FW ,

System fields such as the Editor Tracking fields, the Object ID and Global ID fields are not set to be displayed in the Smart Editor since these fields are read-only.

Since this is an editing focused tool we are only displaying those fields that can be edited, while read-only fields are available in the map pop-up and the Attribute Table widget.

Those system fields can still be used when configuring Smart and Attribute Actions in the widget so you can grab those system generated values and write them into editable fields.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Regular Contributor

Hello @AlixVezina ,

Sorry if I wasn't clear but I only ever want to DISPLAY System fields such as the Editor Tracking fields to help a user identify which related record is the most recent. Without being able to see these it's impossible to know which related record is the most recent and have its editable fields edited.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@ahargreaves_FW Thank you for sharing your use case, we will consider this as an enhancement request.

AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ahargreaves_FW , we have evaluated what changes would need to be made to be able to display the Editor Tracking fields in the Smart Editor, and it would require more extensive core changes that we will not be able to make at this time. Nonetheless, there is a workaround that I hope may fit your needs.

Your should be able to enable 'Show when last edited' from webmap pop-up configuration:show_edited.png

The Editor tracking information will be shown in the widget as bellow:

AlixVezina_1-1649431928843.png

0 Kudos