Smart editor only allows creator to edit

Jump to solution
05-02-2022 07:57 PM
MosquitoGIS
Occasional Contributor

We have technicians that collect specimens out in the field and records their observations. They then bring those specimens in and we have a biologist that identifies their exact species and then enters that into that same feature.  The users collect data using field apps and then the biologist uses a Web App to enter in the species data. 

The issues I am having is that the biologist cannot not edit any features unless he is the original creator of that feature. 

The settings of the layer that is being edited is set to: Editors can edit all features.

If you open the map that is connected to the web app, you can edit those features no problem.  But if you use the smart editor in the web App, it is grayed out as if it read only if you are not the creator of that feature.  If you are the creator of that feature, then every thing can be edited as intended.  Using the edit widget does the same thing within the app.

I'm at a lost, anyone have any ideas on what may be happening?

Using just AGOL, no enterprise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MosquitoGIS
Occasional Contributor

In case anyone is wondering what the results of this were. I did contact support and it had something to do with an issue tied to the old Map Viewer Classic, which Web App Builder utilizes.  I had to rebuild in Experience Builder so that it would use the New Map Viewer.  After that, I have had no issues. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@MosquitoGIS  what are the user types and privileges for the biologist's accounts trying to edit in Web AppBuilder?

Would you be able to share some screenshots with the layer settings for the layer your are trying to edit and also what you are seeing in the widget settings in Web AppBuilder and when trying to edit?

0 Kudos
MosquitoGIS
Occasional Contributor

All the information that I think could be helpful. 

I am also the owner of all of these, currently the one logged in and it has the same effect with my login.

Edit: And Eric is the lab person that is shows his role and such.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@MosquitoGIS Thank you for the detailed diagram : )

I've tried to reproduce your current setup but wasn't able to observe the issue on my end. There must be something more specific about your setup that I'm missing.

You may want to try changing Eric's user type and role, to see if that changes the editing privileges for that account and if they'd now be able to edit the features. Also verify that all items are properly shared in all groups, and review the Group settings.

If still no luck, I'd recommend contacting Esri Support so they can go through your setup and see what setting is affecting your editing.

0 Kudos
MosquitoGIS
Occasional Contributor

In case anyone is wondering what the results of this were. I did contact support and it had something to do with an issue tied to the old Map Viewer Classic, which Web App Builder utilizes.  I had to rebuild in Experience Builder so that it would use the New Map Viewer.  After that, I have had no issues.