Show related records not working in Attribute Table widget

2152
7
04-24-2018 11:27 AM
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

If I remember correctly the 'Show related records' used to work fine in the Attribute Table widget, but it seems to have stopped working recently.

I select a record in the parent layer, I click on the 'Options' button to get the drop down menu, then click on the 'Show related records' option. When I click on that option, the Attribute Table changes focus to the last displayed table, but the related records are not shown. In fact, the table doesn't show any records, it just shows up blank. The only way to get the table to display the records is by using the layer widget and re-opening the attribute table.

Anybody else experiencing this?

7 Replies
MelissaNoakes
New Contributor

I'm having the same exact problem.  'Show related records' suddenly stopped working.

Looking at the web console, an error message saying 'no activeLayerInfo!' is being returned from Widget.js.

0 Kudos
JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the confirmation Melissa, I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy. I checked the console as well and saw the same error.

I did find a clunky workaround that still works

https://community.esri.com/thread/203568-did-related-records-in-popups-change-in-portal-1051 

I can't be sure, but I think this broke after the April WAB update.

0 Kudos
CarolineRose
New Contributor III

I also have noticed this problem, and it developed recently. In my application, the 'Show Related Records' button simply does nothing. A few months ago it worked just fine.

0 Kudos
DeanRother
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
MelissaNoakes
New Contributor

I called ESRI today about this problem and they said it was recently submitted as BUG-000114004. So, sounds like they are aware of the issue and working on a solution!

CarolineRose
New Contributor III

Thank you! My Esri support case is also now attached to this bug. 

JimmyKnowles
Occasional Contributor II

I just checked a web app and it looks like this bug is fixed with the September update of WAB.