Search folder(Search/config_Search.json file) not showing in configs folder of WAB application

Jump to solution
06-05-2017 12:21 AM
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I want to edit the place holder text and the country code for Search widget. But I am unable to see Search folder(Search/config_Search) in configs folder.

I can set them by opening in WAB, but is there any other way to set both place holder text and country code from source code?

Please help me out here.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Ibrahim.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert for the reply...

I have changed in Search/widget.js file 

at these two lines:

placeholder: jimuUtils.stripHTML("my text here" || ""),
 countryCode: "AUS" || "" 

Are these two changes enough or we have to change in any other place also in Search/widget.js???

Regards,

Naveen Kumar.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SumitZ
by
New Contributor III

If you don't find the Search/config_Search then the config for search widget must be in apps config.json. You can find the "config": {} under the widgets configuration in apps config.json file.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ibrahim,

A configs/Search/config_Search.json will not be added to the apps configs folder until you make a change to the widgets settings. You can make the changes to country code and placeholder in the Widget.js but it would be easier to do this in the widgets settings dialog.

To change the all placeholder text look for "Placeholder text for searching all" in the settings dialog

To change the country code look for the: "Country or Region Code(s)" when selecting a locator source.

0 Kudos
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert for the reply...

I have changed in Search/widget.js file 

at these two lines:

placeholder: jimuUtils.stripHTML("my text here" || ""),
 countryCode: "AUS" || "" 

Are these two changes enough or we have to change in any other place also in Search/widget.js???

Regards,

Naveen Kumar.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Naveen,

That looks good.

0 Kudos
Naveen_KumarKairamkonda
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert.

0 Kudos