Screening Widget Will Not Export to CSV in Web AppBuilder For Some Users

Jump to solution
04-13-2021 11:44 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using the Screening Widget in Web AppBuilder and have enabled downloads to to CSV and File GeoDatabase for some feature services in our portal. For some users, if they try to export the data to CSV, when they press the Download button it will go away, but the data will not be exported (verified by looking in the folder where their downloads are going to). No issues at all with the File Geodatabase. Same behavior in Chrome and Edge. Any ideas?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talking with ESRI support, this is a known bug: BUG-000131723 The 'Download' button does not work in the Screening widget for ArcGIS Web AppBuilder in Google Chrome on certain touchscreen systems

For me, I had the same issue trying to download a CSV using Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge. However, Internet explorer worked. Using IE might cause other issues, but downloading a CSV from the screening widget doesn't seem to be one of them.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the exact same issue, @Anonymous User. The CSV export button is totally inert. I can export to a print template, and there aren't any errors in the web console, but no luck whatsoever with the CSV function. Same behavior in Firefox and Chrome.

Update: I replicated my application in ArcGIS Online--the widget works there for me. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doing some more testing, the issue seems to be machine rather than user ID related. Trying to download to a CSV using the same admin account will still work or fail depending on if it worked or failed on that machine previously.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Talking with ESRI support, this is a known bug: BUG-000131723 The 'Download' button does not work in the Screening widget for ArcGIS Web AppBuilder in Google Chrome on certain touchscreen systems

For me, I had the same issue trying to download a CSV using Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge. However, Internet explorer worked. Using IE might cause other issues, but downloading a CSV from the screening widget doesn't seem to be one of them.

BenClark
Occasional Contributor

Very good to know, @Anonymous User. At lease ESRI knows there's some kind of issue at play.

0 Kudos
ChrisWoodman
New Contributor II

Having the same issue using the Screening Widget. We define the area, it intersects with the layers and there it locates records from 13 layers it intersects with. Click the Download All to CSV option and it only downloads 10 files. Extremely frustrating because all 13 layers and attributes appear in the PDF report when generated but the download to CSV option just does not download all layers. Tried using Chrome and Edge and both have same issue. Just another bug we found and seems to be a new one almost every day. Fun times

0 Kudos
ClaraNitschke
New Contributor

The 2 bugs relating to this (BUG-000131723 and BUG-000140500) are addressed in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1. As my organisation is still on Enterprise 10.8 and most users have touchscreen devices this issue persists. As well as this, internet explorer is no longer available and so we have had to find a workaround:

When hovering your cursor over the "Download" button, left-click and hold on the left side of the button, then swipe left to right and release. Your CSV download should then begin.