Resolved: Error with print widget/service in Web AppBuilder

Jump to solution
02-17-2020 08:26 AM
JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I built a simple Web AppBuilder application in ArcGIS Online (with all data coming from hosted feature services), but I'm getting strange behavior from Esri's default print service. When trying to use any other layout than MAP_ONLY, it either foes nothing and instantly returns only an "Error, try again" warning as shown below. When I hover over the error, a tooltip says "Cannot read property renderer of undefined". Oddly, MAP_ONLY works fine. Also odd is that I checked several other apps I've previously built, and the print service works fine on those.

I've tried rebuilding the app from scratch to no avail, and tried a different browser. Any insight or workaround is appreciated. Below is a screenshot of the app as well as the developer console in Chrome.

WAB print widget screenshot

Console screenshot

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Joseph Rhodes

Have you tried using a different symbology or not clustering the map? I had an issue with wab printing that did not print with certain symbology 

View solution in original post

14 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Joseph Rhodes‌ 

The app that you have linked above does not have a print widget. 

0 Kudos
JosephRhodes2

Thanks Rickey...I forgot I had removed it. I added it back just now.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Joseph Rhodes‌ Whose print service are you using? Yours or ESRI?

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Joseph Rhodes

I was able to get map_only to print. I had to try another print type first that failed.

Here is the map only print. 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Joseph Rhodes

After more testing, If you go to another template add a title then go back to map_only, it will print a map.

https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/directories/arcgisoutput/Utilities/PrintingTools_GPServ... 

0 Kudos
JosephRhodes2

Thanks Rickey - as I mentioned in the original post, MAP_ONLY is working. In any case, I need my users to just be able to print a map without having to know a workaround or being limited to MAP_ONLY. This will be public-facing.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Is this your export web map service? If soRepublishe it with info level warnings and make sure its synchronous and you have added the get map template info result. Completely remove the widget, save, exit. Restart web editor and add the widget again.

JosephRhodes2

Hi David, I am using Esri's default print service. I edited my post to make this clearer. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Joseph Rhodes

Have you tried using a different symbology or not clustering the map? I had an issue with wab printing that did not print with certain symbology