Reset Group Filter Widget

11-23-2018 05:21 AM
AndersOlsson
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am working with Group Filter Widget and I dont know if I understand it correct.

Once I have implementet the question I cant "undo it"? I thought the Reset button is supose do do just that, be it dont work for me. 

I am using Portal 10.6.1 And Google Chrome

Anders

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Anders,

Click Reset to remove the filter and restore the map to its state prior to using the widget.

The documentation states that clicking the reset button is suppose to do just that.

JessicaViera-Atwell
New Contributor II

I too am having a similar issue with the Group Filter widget.  I'm using Portal 10.6 and the Reset button doesn't reset and un-apply the filter.  I don't have the 'Persist after widget is closed' setting checked.  It doesn't reset when I close the widget either as the documentation suggests that it should.

Curent settings for Group Filter

These are the results of an applied group filter displaying a number of records returned for the selected filter value

And here is the same attribute table after the widget has been both 'Reset' and Closed which should have reset the filter completely.  BTW, there are 996 total rows in this layer when it's unfiltered.

Is there a bug with the 'reset' when the application is closed?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sounds like a bug. The only way to know for sure is to contact esri tech support and have them investigate.

0 Kudos
StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

I am having the same problem here. Has anyone raised this issue to tech support yet?

Edit:  BUG-000115177: The Reset button in the Group Filter widget in Porta..  Looks like this has been raised and 10.6.1 addresses the issue. Unfortunately for me, I have no control over portal versions within my organisation and this is going to drive me insane until they eventually upgrade to 10.6.1.

StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

I ended up downloading the latest WAB dev edition and hosting the new 'Group Filter Widget' as a custom widget and it works well in 10.5 version of portal without any issues.

asims_pas
New Contributor

Likely a bug. I had this same issue. I resolved it by removing Arcade expressions that were set for a pop-up on the same dataset.

0 Kudos
MaxMarno
New Contributor III

This bug now seems to persist in ArcGIS Online, I have tested within Tab, Launchpad, and Dashboard themes as well

JohnGargiulo
New Contributor III

Has anyone noticed that the group filter widget being reset or changed a few times also prevents the regular filter widget from working correctly? Two completely unrelated layers in the Group Filter Widget and Regular Filter Widget.  Problem I am seeing is in Enterprise Portal 10.6.1.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue still persists in AGOL in December 2020.  It will be great once this bug is fixed.  For now, we are refreshing the browser each time to reset the map.