Export all to CSV file

Jump to solution
07-20-2021 11:56 AM
Labels (1)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have an Attribute table which contains 12557 records which I am trying to export all attributes in the table to CSV file but when I run 'Export all to CSV file', it only exports the first 2000 records. What do I have to do so it exports all my records?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi can you test if you can access arcgis manager and see if you can modify the value in Parameters and change the max record from 2000 to 3000.

VictorTey_0-1627009162552.png

View solution in original post

FOMELC01
New Contributor III

I have the same issue and question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott,

Is the browser freezing, or are you seeing any error messages? Additionally, if you look at the 2000 records that came out, do they repeat?

Thanks,

Taren

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

No the browser isn't freezing and no repeated records. It's only exporting the first 2000. Just seems strange they give you an option to Export all to CSV and then it only exports the first 2000 when you have 12000 records. 

0 Kudos
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the update Scott. I will plan to do a couple tests with this tomorrow and see if I can track down some documentation about limits for CSV exports. I will touch base with you tomorrow

Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hey Scott,

I just finished testing this. When I was zoomed to the full extent of the layer, 2,000 records exported. Considering the attribute table is context dependent, when I zoomed in beyond the full extent, I got exports in the range of 3400 features. This smells like a bug to me, and I would recommend that you open a support case so we can get this logged. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JessicaBarkiewicz
New Contributor

Following this thread! I've experienced the same issue and I can't find anything in my settings of my web maps or web map applications that would cause only 2,000 to export. The export does not show repeat information.

VictorTey
Esri Contributor

Hi can you test if you can access arcgis manager and see if you can modify the value in Parameters and change the max record from 2000 to 3000.

VictorTey_0-1627009162552.png

SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply Victor. 

I'm not sure I can access the ArcGIS Manager from my position but that seems to be the reason why it is only allowing me to export 2000 records instead of all 125557 of them. 

The next question I have is is there a limit to how high this value can be set? For instance could I set it all the way to 12557 

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @VictorTey 

Sorry if I missed something. How can I change this setting if my data and Web App Builder app both reside in ArcGIS Online? I am attempting to export a table of 4474 features to csv via the Attribute Table widget, but only 2000 export.

0 Kudos
RachelS
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to update this for Portal?

Thanks

Rachel

0 Kudos