"Failed to create the app" While creating app from WAB 2.5

09-07-2017 06:31 AM
ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have registered my Web AppBuilder with the portal which is joined with another portal (Portal A as Primary and Portal B as StandBy). Both portal server are configured to a single Web Adapter and don't have internet connectivity.ArcGIS javascript API 3.21 configured locally and "env.js" file configured accordingly for WAB 2.5.

While creating the 2D App (After entering Title & description and click on "OK" button, I am getting the error "Failed to Create the app". 

Create app error

while debugging I found that the error was coming from "arcgis_web_appbuilder_2.5\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\jimu.js\portalUtils.js". It was throwing error on "getDefaultWebMap" function (Line No: 1213) . Where "id" is coming "Undefiend"

Error at portalUtils.js

I am not able to figure it out, why it is not generating "id" from the above function.

Kindly anyone help me on this!!!

(Note: Also attached above two images separately)

Regards,

Shaikh Rizuan

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Hi,

Just wondering if you have resolved this issue.  I am running into the same problem, we've tried WAB 2.4 and 2.5.  Interestingly we can create 3D apps to our hearts delight, just not 2D apps.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kieren,

The workaround fix for this in the past has been to continue to click the OK button until it finally works (it may take clicking a bunch of times).

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Thanks, I saw that and clicked about 10 times, finger got sore 🙂

It's just odd, because it creates 3D apps just fine.  

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have seen it take more than 10. keep clciking

ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

You have suggested in one of the threads, I read and clicked more than 100 times...  but no luck.

One thing I notice that, In Portal, Though i am connected to internet but i am not able to see basemap gallery from the map viewer. The above function is looking for ArcGIS portal ID, Which is not generating.

Kindly help me on this.

@ Kieren: I could able to create 3D apps but not 2D apps and still not able to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If that workaround does not work for you then you just need to delete the whole WAB Dev app and start over.

0 Kudos
ShaikhRizuan
New Contributor III

That also done... but not luck

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Shaikh,

We have done the same.  Trouble shooting continues

0 Kudos