Query Widget Result Item Contents

Jump to solution
03-25-2015 10:53 AM
TonyGroeneveld
New Contributor III

For the Query widget you can define which fields, alias, special type and order of  the results.  I have had no luck making these changes work or stick.

For example if you change the alias, special type or order of the result item contents and click ok.  None of the changes are saved.

0 Kudos
33 Replies
MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, but despite redoing the query in the WAB Developer version and downloading an updated set of code, the config.json for the Query widget is still coming up with only:

{

"queries": []

}

I'm assuming it doesn't matter, but I thought I'd throw it out there that the layers/data source I'm using are map services from our ArcGIS Server.  Could it be???

0 Kudos
NicholasBarger
Occasional Contributor III

All of my queries come from ArcGIS Server and my config file populate correctly. Did you go to the location that Robert suggested?

~ Nick

0 Kudos
MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor

Sure did. Please see attached image.  query_widget.JPG

0 Kudos
NicholasBarger

Malcolm… wrong location…

Install directory\server\apps\##\configs\Query

Config_query.json

~ Nick

MalcolmEchaluce
Occasional Contributor

Got it. Sorry. I missed that extra folder.

Thanks!

Malcolm

0 Kudos
NicholasBarger

No problem…been there.

~ Nick

0 Kudos
MaryAnnSteinmetz
New Contributor III

I have the same issue. I have a field that is a link, so I assume if I change the special type to link in the results setting it would return as a link in the query results. Nope, it just comes up as a text string. And, when I go back in to check the setting it's not saved. ??

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

MaryAnn,

Yep this is due to a bug in the widgets settings dialog. You will have to make a manual change in the json file if you are using WAB Developer version.

0 Kudos
MaryAnnSteinmetz
New Contributor III

I’m using the AGOL version. Does this mean I would have to download the app and configure it myself manually? I may use another template if so.

0 Kudos
TonyGroeneveld
New Contributor III

If you are comfortable with editing json files, you can edit the AGOL json file using the ArcGIS Online Assistant (ArcGIS Online Assistant ).

Select I want to... View an item's json

Then pick your Web Application.

Scroll down to the Data section and click on the pencil and make your changes.