Public Notification Font Size and Zoom

03-25-2021 05:12 PM
Labels (1)
Big-Chill
New Contributor III

Hi there, wondering if anyone had luck customizing the font size of the mailing labels generated from the Public Notification widget?  We like the tool and it's a great concept except I cannot figure out how to control text size.  The problem we are having is that the taxpayer name is too long and gets truncated.  See example:

Tom and Mary Hucklebuck LL.....

123 Main St

Roseburg, OR 9999

As you notice, the name is truncated in the output PDF file.  We have tried all the different types of supplied mailing labels and nothing helps.  Does anyone have a workaround for this?

In addition, how do you control the zoom within the widget.  There is a location to set the zoom scale, but it seems like the widget and application do not respect this setting.  

Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JenAmes
New Contributor III

Hey have you figured out a way around the label issue? I'm having the same problem where names are getting cut off. Names get cut off when we do 30 labels per page, and it appears to fix most situations when I switch to 20 labels per page or 10 labels, but we'd like to stick to 30 labels if possible.

0 Kudos
Big-Chill
New Contributor III

Hey Jen, I did create a process to fix 90% of the issue.  I used Arcade expression to format the popup prior to creating the label.  If you are interested let me know and I will share the code.

0 Kudos
JenAmes
New Contributor III

I'd greatly appreciate your code! I've dabbled in Arcade, but not sure I would know how to figure out how to use it to solve my issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
LindaKuhn
New Contributor II

I also am having the same problem as others where names are getting cut off and we would like to do 30 labels per page.  Would you be willing to send me the Arcade expression you used to format the popup to resolve the issue?

Linda

0 Kudos
Big-Chill
New Contributor III

Sure thing.  I will send you a private message sometime today.  

0 Kudos
Big-Chill
New Contributor III

Linda, I sent you a private message.

0 Kudos
LindaKuhn
New Contributor II

I found an option that is resolving the font size problem for us.  In the configuration for the Public Notification widget, under the Notification Options tab, near the bottom, I unchecked "Use vector fonts (Latin fonts only) and now my longer lines of text are being automatically reduced in font size to fit on the mailing label.  See screenshot of widget settings attached.  I  hope this works for others as well.

0 Kudos
Big-Chill
New Contributor III

Thanks for the tip, however, it produces multiple pages instead of a single PDF.  This proves very challenging when users that are creating mailing labels for a thousand or more folks.

0 Kudos