Problems with Attribute Table Widget in Dashboard Theme

10-11-2018 10:50 PM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I have a WebApp in the Dashboard Theme with a map and a couple of graphs using the query widget where I face the problem stated in https://community.esri.com/message/768186-re-problem-with-export-to-csv-from-web-map-app?commentID=7... 

I activated the export from the attribute table, then found out that there is this bug, activated the export from the Query widget and wanted to deactivate the export option from the attribute table to avoid confusion of the users. BUUUUUT, when I try to edit the Attribute Table Widget now it keeps loading but without doing anything and I am also not able to tick any of the checkboxes. 

All other widgets seem to work fine. Any leads on how to solve this?

EDIT: It seems like this problem is related to the map (or the data used in it) that is used for this application. The attribute widget works with other web maps and apps but for this particular web map it does not matter which theme I use - as soon as I open the widget and close it again it stops working, means: when I open the widget settings again it always shows the export option as ticked no matter what I ticked before plus it runs and runs and runs ... 

16 Replies
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I also didn't open a support case yet. I was still hoping to narrow down the problem. But I just ran into the same problem again, this time with the launchpad theme and a different layer/web map. 

The error I see in the web console says Cannot read property 'push' of undefined and we didn't do anything with Arcade on these popups. 

At least I made the Attribute Table Widget accessible again by removing the Configuration in the Json (in ago-assistant) inside the widget definition. 

{
                "uri": "widgets/AttributeTable/Widget",
                "version": "2.11",
                "position": {
                    "right": 20,
                    "bottom": 80,
                    "relativeTo": "map"
                },
                "closeable": true,
                "id": "widgets_AttributeTable_Widget_27",
                "name": "AttributeTable",
                "config": {
                }

Nicholas Schoenborn‌, would you mind adding me to the case if you submit one? (I think that is possible...)

0 Kudos
AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Did you ever submit this to ESRI support? I have also run into this problem, and it seems tied to having an arcade attribute expression in one of the web map's layers. The attribute table opens in the app, but I'm unable to edit any of the attribute table widget settings due to an infinite load.

-Aaron
0 Kudos
NicholasSchoenborn1
New Contributor II

Yes, a ticket was submitted and it was logged as a bug. Below is an excerpt from the ESRI response to the ticket:

"As per our conversation, the issue has already been logged as a defect. Below are the details of the same.

1. BUG-000117664
  2. Synopsis: In ArcGIS Online Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS, the Configure Attribute Table window of the Attribute Table widget loads continuously when a custom attribute display and a custom Arcade expression are configured on an associated web map layer.
  3. Status: In Product Plan"

It appears to be something they are working on and it will hopefully be released soon.

AaronKoelker
Occasional Contributor III

Great, thanks for the update

-Aaron
0 Kudos
JordanValen1
New Contributor II

Glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue.  Thanks for getting in touch with ESRI - hopefully they fix it soon!

EDIT:  I found a workaround that allows you to edit the table ONCE before the bug reappears.  If you re-add the service to your webmap, you can copy all of your configurations (pop-ups, symbology, etc) using the ArcGIS Online Assistant (see: /blogs/baldy/2017/12/15/stop-configuring-pop-ups ).  Then, when you go into the webmap editor and click on the attribute table widget, you get ONE chance to edit the Attribute table.

Good luck

Nicholas Schoenborn

Aaron Koelker

JamesFaron
Occasional Contributor

For what it's worth, I implemented a temporary fix (if you have developer edition). Probably the easiest way is to go the Attribute Table widget in the server/app/%your app number%, and on line 451 of the util.js, input the following below the method declaration:

if(!ofields){
return
}

So that the code block is as follows:

exports.arcade.appendArcadeExpressionsToFields = function(ofields, layerInfo) {
if(!ofields){
return
}
var arcadeExpressions = exports.arcade.getExpressionInfosFromLayerInfo(layerInfo);............

I believe this works because the function that calls the method is looping through tables and fields and sending null values before it actually sends an arcade expression, and the null value destroys the method function. It's been working for me, and I may just move it to a custom Attribute Table widget or just do this in stemapp, unless Esri publishes a fixed version.

Hope this helps someone.

Jim Faron

0 Kudos
OrcaMaritime
New Contributor II

I came across an issue with my attribute table widget in a web application where the web map contained tile packages that were specifically from a .tpkx file type. If you have these types of tile layers in your map, the attribute table widget does not open. I submitted the bug with ESRI technical support but they still have not fixed the issue (at least not in our version of Portal). 

0 Kudos